Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yellowstone: Part Deux : On to CODY!

Sooo after our time in yellowstone our next stop was Cody Wyoming. Let me jus say, we all fell in love with this little town. For a small town, it had a LOT going for it. But for us, it was the slower pace, the down home, real ness that it oozed.

Cody is also the Rodeo Capital of the US...they have NIGHTLY rodeos in June July and August. We didn't go to the rodeo our first night in town, and I regret that, we had that much fun. But we DID go our last night. Which caused Liam to BEG (and still is begging) for us to move to Cody so he could be a cowboy. He loved it, Allan loved it...Bug finally calmed down from the altitude (Cody is only about 4500 feet above sea Level...under her apparent 5000ft cap..)  And I well I've always been a cowgirl at heart..and my excursion into Wyoming made me re-think my "if we ever move it has to be near seawater" stance....I think as long as I'm near any water I may just be able to cope...Wyoming was indeed THAT beautiful.

On our way to Cody we had to go through yellowstone again...and came across this Valley of Buffalo...it's just such a clean view that I could imagine myself 150 years ago seeing this exact same thing. 

Horses that were housed next to our campsite in Cody...they ran trail rides from our campground. 

Our first Cody Sunset

Bug eating a crayon...I gave up trying to keep her from munching on them....esp when we were trying to set up the tent and get dinner going...if she'd sit happily and color, (i.e. eat crayons) Then we were good. Her other favorite past times were filling a bucket with dirt...and ingesting it as well. 


Night time Sparklers for a fun treat!


Now, in Washington, we have JUST started selling hard alcohol in non-state stores. 
So MAYBE I'm a little behind...but this seems a bit counter active on the whole 
"Drinking and Driving" front
So aside from the rodeo...our other favorite stop was the Old Trail Town . The cool thing about this is that the buildings are ORIGINAL from their time periods. They are cabins and buildings that were brought from all around the area and placed on and old "street". The coolest was that the ACTUAL "hole in the wall" cabin that was the hide out for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...as well as the Saloon they frequented.

















Next  up? The RODEO!

No comments:

Post a Comment